Representative of an Overseas Business Visa - UK
OVERVIEW OF THIS VISA
This visa is also commonly known as the UK sole representative visa, you can apply to go to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you are from outside the UK and you are either:
- This visa is ideally suitable for non-UK business seeking to establish a branch or wholly owned subsidiary ; or
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
- On this visa initially you will allow to stay 3 years in the UK
TOP BENEFITS OF THIS VISA
- Add Family Members: You can apply for your family members at the same time.
- Work Rights: You can work for your employer, full time in the UK
- Extend Visa: You can extend your visa for 2 years
- Apply as part of an entrepreneurial team: You can apply as a sole founder or working together as part of an entrepreneurial team.
- Switch to another Visa: You can switch over to other visa including a visitor visa, Short-term Student, a Parent of a Child Student, or a Seasonal Worker.
- Permanent Settlement: After you have been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for an approval to settle permanently in the UK.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THIS VISA
Funds: You should have sufficient money to support yourself without help from public funds in the UK
Knowledge of English:
- You must meet the low English Language requirement (CEFR Level A1 in Speaking and Listening) or
- having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK ENIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD or
- You may be able to meet the English language requirement in other ways.
To apply as a sole representative, you must:
- be hired and employed outside the UK by an active company and trading business, whose headquarters and principal place of business are, and will stay on, outside the UK.
- have the vast experience, skill, and knowledge to do the role
- hold a senior position within the business (but do not own or control the majority of overseas business) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- present details of your Sole Representative Role within the UK, to establish the overseas business’s first commercial presence in the UK, either as a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
Newspaper, news agency or broadcast employees
You can go to the UK if you are being reallocated there on a long-term assignment, as an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation,
- TB Test Requirement (if applicable)
- Criminal Record Check Requirement (if applicable)
- Business Plan requirement
- Have enough money to support yourself without help from public
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
- The quickest you may apply is 3 months before you travel.
- You may get a decision from the Home Office – UK on your visa within 3-4 weeks when you apply from outside the UK OR within 5 working days if the priority service is available in the country you are applying from.
Don’t forget to check your eligibility if you are interested as the assessment is absolutely free of cost. Please fill out the assessment form and one of our UK Immigration Consultants will get back to you at the earliest.