State Sponsorship for Australian Permanent Resident
- You will need to identify an occupation that is on the immigration’s occupation lists. Link
Find out which state is accepting this occupation.
- Submit a skills assessment to the assessing authority for the occupation and get a positive result. Note: some occupations require an English test score to be submitted along with the application so you might want to do step 4 first.
- Take your IELTS/PTE English test. These scores are valid for 2 years anyway. Also, I personally recommend PTE because it is easier than IELTS.
- Assess your points but I don’t recommend doing this on your own because you might be wrong in understanding certain terms. 65 points is minimum and the last few invitation rounds only accepted 70 pointers.
- Check on Skillselect for the points requirement of the occupation that you are nominating. Click on the current invitation round.
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI) through Skillselect.
- Submit a state nomination application. This differs for the different states. Check the state government website for the right steps. If you are applying for the Subclass 189 visa, this step will not be necessary (you just have to wait for the visa invitation).
- Once the state nomination application is approved, you will receive a visa invitation and you have 60 days to lodge your visa application through the Immiaccount.
- Make payment for visa application fees immediately upon lodging visa application.
- Attach supporting documents to Immiaccount.
- Make appointment for medical check with BUPA upon receiving HAP id from case officer. Medical results are submitted automatically once you have attended the medical examination.
- Wait for outcome.
Don’t forget to check your eligibility if you are interested as the assessment is absolutely free of cost. Please fill out the assessment form and one of our Expert Immigration Consultants will get back to you at the earliest.