The partner visa enables Australian citizens, permanent residents as well as citizens of New Zealand to invite their partner to live in Australia. It has four major streams through which the applicant can enter the country and our agents are always here to assist the applicant in acquiring the visa.
PARTNER VISA STREAMS:
The partner or spouse visa that you can obtain is divided into four categories which include:
Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820):
- This is a visa that enables your spouse to stay in the country on a temporary basis which is the first step for obtaining a permanent subclass 801 visa.
- The processing times could vary from a period of 6 months to a period of 39 months depending on the complexity of the cases.
- The type of stay that you can acquire with this visa is temporary until your permanent visa subclass 801 application is finalized.
- This visa enables your partner or spouse to work, live and study in the country on a temporary basis. For acquiring this visa, you should be in the country at the time of filing your application.
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801):
- This visa enables the partner or spouse of the applicant to stay in Australia on a permanent basis which is for the applicants that are currently holding the subclass 820 visa.
- The processing times could vary from 7 months to 23 months depending on the complexity of the cases.
- By acquiring this visa, your partner would have the ability to stay permanently in the country.
- This visa would give you the ability to live, work and study in the country on a permanent basis, sponsor the eligible family members to arrive in the country and file an application for permanent residence if the applicant is eligible.
Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300):
- This visa enables the applicant to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse and then apply for a partner visa.
- It gives you the ability to stay in the country for a period of 9 to 15 months from the date the visa is issued.
- The processing time for this visa could vary from 8 to 37 months depending on the complexity of the cases.
- This visa gives you the ability to travel, stay, work and study in the country while the visa is valid. Moreover, the applicant can also file for subclass 801 and subclass 820 visa after this one has expired.
Partner Migrant Visa (Subclass 100):
- This is a visa that lets the de facto partner or spouse of a citizen or permanent resident of Australia to live in the country permanently which is usually granted to the people that are holding a temporary partner visa subclass 309.
- The processing time for acquiring this visa could vary from 8 months to 27 months depending on the complexity of the cases.
- This visa gives you the ability to stay in the country as a permanent resident, work and acquire education in the country, access the public healthcare system and sponsor your family members to come to Australia.
AINiT has a team of highly experienced experts that are always here to assist you with their concerns so that you can achieve the best outcome of your application. Contact us now and our experts would be there to assist you.
Don’t forget to check your eligibility if you are interested as the assessment is absolutely free of cost. Please fill out the assessment form and one of our Expert Immigration Consultants will get back to you at the earliest.